ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 8 reportedly set for October debut

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
Boy am I ever excited. I'm gonna go completely wild. I'll probably buy a loaf of bread, make piles of toast & jam, and stay up until 10 o'clock at night drinking tea and celebrating...

Party! Woo-hoo!! :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
Why is three years too soon? Windows 7 was released two years after Windows Vista. Back before the huge gap between XP and Vista Microsoft adhered to a two-three year release schedule & after Vista was finally released Microsoft announced that it was going to return to that release schedule.

I'll take the opposing side that three years between OS releases is far too long. In the IT world three years is an eternity.

wraith808:
Why is three years too soon? Windows 7 was released two years after Windows Vista. Back before the huge gap between XP and Vista Microsoft adhered to a two-three year release schedule & after Vista was finally released Microsoft announced that it was going to return to that release schedule.

I'll take the opposing side that three years between OS releases is far too long. In the IT world three years is an eternity.
-Innuendo (March 23, 2012, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Upgrades, yes, I can see that.  But the OS is the base of your applications platform.  When you introduce major changes wholesale, especially requiring total rework and upgrade of your system, such upheavals aren't productive, IMO.

KynloStephen66515:

HA

Tuxman:
A better analogy would be Windows 1.01. No overlapping windows, only tiling... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version