ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 8 reportedly set for October debut

(1/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:

Microsoft reportedly will finish work on Windows 8 by summer, setting the stage to release the next version of its flagship operating system sometime around October.

Bloomberg, citing "people with knowledge of the schedule," also reports that there will be fewer than five devices running the ARM system-on-a-chip architecture at launch. Those ARM chips allow for thinner, lighter tablet devices, something that Microsoft hopes will help it cut into Apple's iPad's huge lead in the tablet market. The Cupertino rival just disclosed that it sold more than 3 million of its latest iPad since the third-generation gadget debuted Friday.

The report confirms the timing that most analysts have been expecting. Bloomberg notes that Microsoft will lay out the details of the release schedule at an industry event in early April.

A Microsoft spokeswoman declined comment on the report.

Read More...

Tuxman:
I doubt it.

KynloStephen66515:
I wont be upgrading to it, even if it was true lol.

rgdot:
Three years is too soon, sure MS will ship lots this October or whenever with new PC and tablet sales but for upgrading from a successful previous version three years is too soon.

wraith808:
^ This.  I haven't even put Windows 7 on some of my machines... though this will spur me to upgrade all of them sooner than later.  Windows 8 is probably a bit out for me, even if it's not a skip generation which it might well be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version