ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

On Change Run Task - My first Windows desktop application

(1/1)

justice:
If you are the 1% of people that always wanted to run a program / batch file / autohotkey script when the contents of a file/script/text document/htm/css file changes, and you haven't found a program for it, then you might benefit of the program i've put together today: On Change Run Task.

OCRT is the smallest program that would still be useful for me that I could write using Visual Studio C# 2010 Express. (as it is my first one) I hope you find it useful. Thanks to kyrathaba for making the tutorials that finally got me started :))

Possible use cases:
* run your build batch file to compile and create a installation package whenever your auto hotkey script is updated. (reason why I made this)
* run a script to refresh your browser whenever your CSS changes.
* 1000 possible other obscure uses.

Future development will depend on my continued use and any interest from you. I managed to disable ClickOnce but it still requires .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, which you probably have already installed.

TaoPhoenix:
I'm not sure I'm doing it right. "Add Task" seems to add a file to watch, but then I can't load in anything for it to do. How does that work?

I re-installed the Framework but no effect. I'm on Win7.

justice:
Right click on the file and choose set action, you will be asked to browse to an executable. Sorry!

TaoPhoenix:
Oh there we go! That is kinda cute! Not sure what to do with it yet, but I'm good at Rube Goldberging stuff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version