Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 02:16:05 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: On Change Run Task - My first Windows desktop application  (Read 814 times)
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:52:22 AM »

If you are the 1% of people that always wanted to run a program / batch file / autohotkey script when the contents of a file/script/text document/htm/css file changes, and you haven't found a program for it, then you might benefit of the program i've put together today: On Change Run Task.

OCRT is the smallest program that would still be useful for me that I could write using Visual Studio C# 2010 Express. (as it is my first one) I hope you find it useful. Thanks to kyrathaba for making the tutorials that finally got me started smiley)

Possible use cases:
* run your build batch file to compile and create a installation package whenever your auto hotkey script is updated. (reason why I made this)
* run a script to refresh your browser whenever your CSS changes.
* 1000 possible other obscure uses.

Future development will depend on my continued use and any interest from you. I managed to disable ClickOnce but it still requires .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, which you probably have already installed.

* OnChangeRunTask.zip (8.12 KB - downloaded 22 times.)

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »

I'm not sure I'm doing it right. "Add Task" seems to add a file to watch, but then I can't load in anything for it to do. How does that work?

I re-installed the Framework but no effect. I'm on Win7.
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »

Right click on the file and choose set action, you will be asked to browse to an executable. Sorry!

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »

Oh there we go! That is kinda cute! Not sure what to do with it yet, but I'm good at Rube Goldberging stuff!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.01 ]