topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Need help with server 2008 r2 website file permissions  (Read 3498 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Need help with server 2008 r2 website file permissions
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:47 PM »
I'm running a website on a windows server 2008 R2 box. I have wordpress installed on it, and if I upload an image, the uploaded image gets the required permissions (iusr and iis_iusrs both have permission to touch it.)
I am experimenting with a CMS that doesn't use a database (testing gpeasy right now) So far everything seems to work great with it, but when I upload images via the CMS' built in image uploader, iis_iusrs isn't added to the list of users that can touch the image. This causes the image to not be viewable. Is there a way that I can fix this so that any files that are added by the CMS will auto allow both iusr and iis_iusrs to touch them?
It's really annoying having to remote into the server just to fix the permissions every time I want to upload an image, and I don't really want to stay with wordpress, because it runs too slow on iis (at least on my server it does).
[Insert really cool signature here]

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Need help with server 2008 r2 website file permissions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:21 AM »
I've no experience with gpeasy but AFAIK the uploaded image will get the permissions of the owner of the process the cms is run under (well the upload process technically). So, for example, if gpeasy is run as through CGI then you need to look up what the user is that runs cgi apps under IIS. Maybe that will help?

gpEasy is very easy to install on many different servers. The requirements are PHP [...]
So how is php setup?

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Need help with server 2008 r2 website file permissions
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I ran web platform installer and told it to install php. I'm going to see if I can figure out what perms php has, and see if that fixes it.
[Insert really cool signature here]