ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Moronic would-be scammers

<< < (3/4) > >>

rjbull:
I had one of those phone calls today-cranioscopical (March 17, 2012, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've had one "good" phone call this week, but five scam/spam calls, and it's only Tuesday.  Caller Line ID shows their number, so if it's hidden, or foreign, or "out of area," or something I just don't recognise, I ignore it and let the answering machine kick in.  Most scammers are now efficient at aborting at that point, but a worthless ring is disruptive and wastes my time.  I keep wondering about installing a hardware call-screening system like trueCall.  I once saw a favourable review of it in the UK's Computer Shopper magazine.  Their review of trueCall is here.

Tuxman:
Good thing calls like that are actually crimes here in Germany.

cranioscopical:
if it's hidden, or foreign, or "out of area," or something I just don't recognise, I ignore it and let the answering machine kick in
-rjbull (March 20, 2012, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
No wonder I can never get through to you!

rjbull:
if it's hidden, or foreign, or "out of area," or something I just don't recognise, I ignore it and let the answering machine kick in
-rjbull (March 20, 2012, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
No wonder I can never get through to you!-cranioscopical (March 20, 2012, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe my skull is too thick even for a cranioscope  :)

rjbull:
Good thing calls like that are actually crimes here in Germany.-Tuxman (March 20, 2012, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Plenty of the scam calls we get in the UK are from overseas.  It's hard for a national jurisdiction to cope with that.  Even if they could be traced, they couldn't be prosecuted locally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version