ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Auslogics promoting false speed tester?

<< < (3/3)

db90h:
lol im on a 100mbps line, and thats telling me im 7.12 down speed 1.54 up speed with a ping of 270ms
Speedtest.net = 96.8mbps down, 12.4up 7ms ping
-Stephen66515 (March 19, 2012, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

We must have the same ISP. They are who I use to have 100Mbit downstream, 5Mbit upstream. Latency of course depends on how far your packet is to travel, and the remote server, but latency out of their network and their peering arrangements seem EXCELLENT. I've noticed they use many of several service providers themselves, so they make sure your stuff gets there as fast as it can. They've really built a good network, I must say. It is sad the company has always been teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. What's great is we are talking rural TN. So, the USA Internet is getting better, fast.

KynloStephen66515:
lol im on a 100mbps line, and thats telling me im 7.12 down speed 1.54 up speed with a ping of 270ms
Speedtest.net = 96.8mbps down, 12.4up 7ms ping
-Stephen66515 (March 19, 2012, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

We must have the same ISP. They are who I use to have 100Mbit downstream, 5Mbit upstream. Latency of course depends on how far your packet is to travel, and the remote server, but latency out of their network and their peering arrangements seem EXCELLENT. I've noticed they use many of several service providers themselves, so they make sure your stuff gets there as fast as it can. They've really built a good network, I must say. It is sad the company has always been teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. What's great is we are talking rural TN. So, the USA Internet is getting better, fast.

-db90h (March 20, 2012, 06:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

My ISP Is Virgin Media in the UK :) - We get free upgrades to 200mbps soon! :D

Curt:
We get free upgrades to 200mbps soon! -Stephen66515 (March 20, 2012, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

-nice.  :up:

When I asked (complained to) my ISP support worker about my 25MBps speed, he said that I could have much faster speed if I was ready to pay. The "problem" is that they don't advertize with more than 25, now 50 MBps, so I guess that prices for genuine high speed connections also are genuine high... I didn't ask.

So, you have 100, going 200, but at what price? It is of course difficult to compare apples and oranges, and ISP vs ISP: My contract is including free: 40 channels television, 3 mio music tracks, IP telephone, webmail, 5GB web backup, cinema, etcetera..., but speed is extra ;-) As of now I pay $80 per month.

:tellme:

Edited:
I just re-checked their homepage and saw that they also offer 100/10 MBps (down/up) speed. They don't tell that in their adverts; they end at 50 MBps. My extra price for 100 MBps would be $37 per month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version