ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Auslogics promoting false speed tester?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mahesh2k:
Pluto is not a planet.

4wd:
Yes well, complete BS AFAICT - I'm getting half my download rate and almost three times my upload rate.

db90h:
Like other things, it depends on a number of factors. Microsoft is conservative with default settings in all areas not because they want to slow you down, but because those settings are best for everyone, in general. Therefore, in *some minority* of cases, it is theoretically possible to *marginally* improve your network performance. Notice the key words, *minority*  and *marginally*. Worse is that if you do not fit into that minority, then you may well do more harm than good. To actually know would require more extensive testing than simple SpeedTest.net results. First, you'd want many of those, as they can vary each run. Second, you'd need to test real-world conditions on a number of other servers, as the server settings may affect your results.

The best case is to leave the defaults as-is. If you do experiment with software, *make sure* you create a Restore Point you can go back to first, as once you lose your defaults, they are not presently easy to get back. One of the goals of my little RegMerge was to eventually allow people to see what settings may have changed and return to defaults.

timns:
Pluto is not a planet.
-mahesh2k (March 17, 2012, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Of course it's a planet. Don't get me started, or I'll have Renegade berating me for being off-topic.  :D

KynloStephen66515:
lol im on a 100mbps line, and thats telling me im 7.12 down speed 1.54 up speed with a ping of 270ms

Speedtest.net = 96.8mbps down, 12.4up 7ms ping

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version