ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Automatically combine CHM files with TOC index and text search into single CHM?

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
CHM Aggregator is the only freeware I've found that's close to what I'm looking for:

http://www.arstdesign.com/CHMaggregator/

The program has some problems though. The major problem is it seems to complete once out of 20 runs.  Too often it craps out before the compilation stage.  The other issue, when it does complete, since the language is set to French there's a CHM unicode/ansi code page issue that causes the displayed CHM aggregate file to have "HTML Help" as the main window title.  Window placement and resize info does not seem to be saved unless the window has the expected title. This forces a decompile, then creation of an HHP project just to set the window title.  Kind of takes the simplicity out of it.

Anyone know of another freeware that works on Windows Seven that will combine several CHM into one CHM file?  I don't want run time merge. I'd rather just conglomerate into a single output file.

It should automatically combine TOC, Index and full text search from the component CHM files. Another plus would be producing the Html Help Project HHP file so the default behavior could be modified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version