ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

RIAA chief: ISPs to start policing copyright by July 12

(1/5) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

See, the Tin Foil Hats were RIGHT. Don't we owe them an apology for 20 years of ridicule?

Try this one:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-57397452-261/riaa-chief-isps-to-start-policing-copyright-by-july-12/

Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon are among the ISPs preparing to implement a graduated response to piracy by July, says the music industry's chief lobbyist.

"Last July, Comcast, Cablevision, Verizon, Time Warner Cable and other bandwidth providers announced that they had agreed to adopt policies designed to discourage customers from illegally downloading music, movies and software. Since then, the ISPs have been very quiet about their antipiracy measures. "

LAST JULY. It's now March. See how short the Net's attention span is?

"Supporters say this could become the most effective antipiracy program ever. Since ISPs are the Internet's gatekeepers, the theory is that network providers are in the best position to fight illegal file sharing. CNET broke the news last June that the RIAA and counterparts at the trade group for the big film studios, had managed to get the deal through--with the help of the White House. "

"Participating ISPs can choose from a list of penalties, or what the RIAA calls "mitigation measures," which include throttling down the customer's connection speed and suspending Web access until the subscriber agrees to stop pirating. "

"The partnership with the major bandwidth providers was years in the making."

Renegade:
This will not end well...  :mad:

40hz:
I still say: "General Strike. Starve the Ogre to death."

What I really want to say:

WARNING: Extremely strong language and audible sound file behind spoiler. NOT SUITED FOR WORK - AROUND CHILDREN - or people with more maturity and class than 40hz has whenever this topic comes up.

Viewer discretion advised!!!

On second thought, I figured I'd better not. Anybody who wants the link can PM me. (Renegade - I already sent it to you in a PM a while back. It's the one with the gerbil.)

:mad:

Renegade:
I still say: "General Strike. Starve the Ogre to death."

What I really want to say:

WARNING: Extremely strong language and audible sound file behind spoiler. NOT SUITED FOR WORK - AROUND CHILDREN - or people with more maturity and class than 40hz has whenever this topic comes up.

:mad:
-40hz (March 15, 2012, 10:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well... I didn't find it obscene... Not sure that says much though. :P ;D

nosh:
Anybody who wants the link can PM me.
--- End quote ---

Who recently said something about making people jump through hoops to get some straight info?? ;D
j/k 40, you don't need to explain.  :)

Mandatory on-topic statement (in deference to the periodic auto-correct recently invoked):
Oh dear Lord, please have them fail! Whatever the US does, a lot of other countries end up aping eventually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version