ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Xara Xtreme 5 Giveaway

<< < (5/6) > >>

MerleOne:
Free Xara Xtreme 5!
Offer ends 29th April 2013.
--- End quote ---

* not sure if it has to be installed before that time (anyone know?)
* presumably it will work on x64 (Requirements: >Microsoft® Windows® XP | Vista® | 7 | 8)
* download is called Xara_Xtreme_5_Silver.exe-tomos (April 15, 2013, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. Got the installer and the license, I just hope it will register after the indicated date too.

tomos:
FAQ's say:

How do I unlock/install Xara Xtreme 5?
Just run the download and follow the  prompts. You will be asked to register (best to use your existing account if you have one) and sent a serial number.  If you have any problems please visit our product installation and account queries troubleshooter for full step by step instructions.
--- End quote ---

I presume that means: will have to install-register before 29th (but that the serial works after that date for reinstall if necessary)

MerleOne:
Well not exactly : I installed it within sandboxie, got to the webpage to get the license. Then I erased the sandbox.  So the app is not installed and I have a valid license, but if online activation is required, they may forbid it after April 29th.

tomos:
Well not exactly : I installed it within sandboxie, got to the webpage to get the license. Then I erased the sandbox.  So the app is not installed and I have a valid license, but if online activation is required, they may forbid it after April 29th.
-MerleOne (April 15, 2013, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another from the FAQ's:

Why are you giving me a free Xara Xtreme 5?
There are still tens of thousands of people using very old versions of Xara X, X1 and Xtreme 2,3 and 4, which are recorded, downloaded and unlocked (if you've lost your CD) through some very old systems. That is a problem for our customer support and network support staff.  We would really prefer that you were using a more up to date version, so we are simply offering you one for free!
--- End quote ---

Which makes it sound like future installs would *probably* not be a problem.

pilgrim:
Throughout last year Xara Xtreme 5 came up on giveaways at least once every two months, sometimes more.
I am pretty certain it came up several times the year before as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version