ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A change I've seen in the forum

<< < (6/11) > >>

nosh:
I personally prefer 20 lashes.

J-Mac:
Well I have ready solution for controlling the 'off topic' messages.

Give a link 'Off topic' at bottom of each message, beside 'Report to moderator', which will notify the moderator, who will check and make the message 'yellowish' or something, so that everyone knows it from the rest. Just like inserted ads in search results.

Then ones who do not like it will skip it or give it a glance. It will also make the poster of the message to be more on the topic next time.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (March 16, 2012, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

And who will make such a determination? Sounds like this would make it very subjective as well as exclusionary.

I vote   :down:  on this one!

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
I personally prefer 20 lashes.
-nosh (March 16, 2012, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

:)  ;D  Yeah - but some might actually like this more!  LOL!  (This one should be worth a good pic! Or is that too OT?!)

Jim

Renegade:
Well I have ready solution for controlling the 'off topic' messages.

Give a link 'Off topic' at bottom of each message, beside 'Report to moderator', which will notify the moderator, who will check and make the message 'yellowish' or something, so that everyone knows it from the rest. Just like inserted ads in search results.

Then ones who do not like it will skip it or give it a glance. It will also make the poster of the message to be more on the topic next time.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (March 16, 2012, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not really a great idea... Extra work for the site admin? Nope.

What *could* work is a vote up/down button with a threshold below which the post becomes hidden and you need to click it for it to become visible again, just like the spoiler tags.

That system is in place in other forums/BBs elsewhere, and it seems to work well.

But more work for the admins? Nah. The community is generally the best at policing itself.

40hz:
I really don't like the whole concept of voting on posts unless they're direct responses to technical questions such that they become the equivalent of an "I will confirm that" comment.

I also think if you feel strongly enough about some comment to give it a thumbs down, you at least owe the original poster the courtesy of saying why. If it's a situation where the person is flaming or trolling (or just being a generally obnoxious) I think that sort of correction is something best left to the moderators if it's needed.

My 2ยข anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version