topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDimager Pro 50% off  (Read 7089 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDimager Pro 50% off
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:48 AM »
I have been looking for a good photo organizer application for a while, I was close to buying a few of them, but ended up not doing so for various reasons .. after reading some comments I've been looking at IDimager Pro and a few other similar apps and found this one to be pretty close to what I wanted -- except the price :-[.

sorry, but the donationcoder machine is refusing to see the link as a link...:
copy and paste the two halves:

https://secure.share...hareit/checkout.html
?PRODUCT[300361784]=1&currencies=USD,all&COUPON1=PROAPRIL12

or just buy it and use coupon PROAPRIL12

IDimager Limited Offer - Save up to $69.50 Now!

Starting today, all through the end of April we offer IDimager Professional at an attractive discount of 50%! So if you're ready to make the move to the next generation photo management software, then this is your opportunity. Order today.

IDimager is known for it's superior cataloging features and leads the path when it comes to photo management. It has a very complete feature set that will help you perform your management tasks.

order:

Top 5 reasons why photographers choose IDimager:

Intuitive user interface
   easy cataloging features
   most comprehensive search engine
   extremely flexible and configurable
   good documentation and the best support forum

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:55 AM by Curt »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDimager Pro 50% off
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10 AM »
I've tried this one...looks REALLY similar to acdsee pro.  What does it do that makes it unique or special?  I couldn't really tell.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22 AM »
ACDSee ignores EXIF tags.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28 AM »
I've tried this one...looks REALLY similar to acdsee pro.  What does it do that makes it unique or special?  I couldn't really tell.

look here:
https://www.donation...;topicseen#msg196451

and probably best to scan through these posts in the same thread (Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?)
https://www.donation...rch2;search=idimager

Doesnt seem to win any prizes for intuitive interface...
Tom

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:36 PM »
Thank you for the heads up Curt :Thmbsup:.

I am playing around with Daminion at the moment, but it sounds like that will end up in the $100+ category as well, so I might give this another test.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:07 AM »
This one is expensive, and also very detailed and advanced. If you're just looking to keep your digital photo files organized, even at a fairly detailed level, then ACDSee or Zoner will do fine for you.

I purchased IDImager Pro 2 years ago - $139!! (Though I did get a "competitive upgrade discount of $20). Never could get it working right on my PC. It was extremely slow while it tried desperately to create a catalog of my images, and certain views could not be rendered at all. It would lock up my machine if I went into certain views. Wasn’t a bum PC, or that old. I had a Falcon NW Mach V from 2006 and it was pretty powerful. So I don’t think it was the PC that couldn't run the program. More likely that IDImager didn't get along well with either the Athlon processor or - more likely yet - the Nvidia GeForce 8000 GT graphics card. (That Nvidia card caused a lot of issues with several programs; never did get drivers that were decent for that card).

But my problems running the program aside, I discovered that I really do not need that powerful of a program to catalog and categorize/organize my photos! It was way over what I really needed! But ACDSee didn't have a program working well on Windows 7 at that time - I had their latest at the time - ACDSee Photo Manager 2009 AND ACDSee Pro Photo 1 - and believe it or not ACD Systems never accounted for Libraries in Windows 7! So when it looked for hard-coded file locations and ran into the libraries it froze. They didn't fix that until their next versions. In the meantime I purchased Zoner Studio and while that was usable it lacked some of my favorite features from ACDSee, so I kept looking for a better mousetrap to organize my ~20,000 photos. I broke down and bought IDImager Pro, thinking I would really, really organize the heck out of these photos! Turned out to be double-trouble for me. Whereas ACDSee catalogs my entire library of images in a very short time, IDImager does it in such a different, convoluted manner that it takes several days to catalog! I inquired about this on their forum and all there felt that was perfectly reasonable.

So now I am back to ACDSee Pro. Swore I'd never buy from them again after they let me upgrade to a product that wasn’t working on the latest Windows OS, but after trying all else I ended up back with them. As a company they pretty much suck at times, but their photo organization software is both reasonably priced and works just the way I need for it to.

OK, all that jazz just to basically say:  Determine exactly what you really want to do with your photo collection before buying DAM software - Digital Asset Management - which is what IDImager actually is. It isn't what most amateur/hobbyist photographers need.

Sorry for the long post...  :-[

Jim

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48 AM »
^^great post.  I found it helpful and informative.

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Idimager is in another league (a higher one) with regards to image organization.  You can create your own scripts for all possible management scenarios and you can download a lot of them from the forum.  That said, the learning curve is immense and the nomenclature used for the various categories of groups, tags, and database structures is not exactly intuitive. In my eyes it is really a tool for professionals (and perhaps micromanaging zealots).

I've tried this one...looks REALLY similar to acdsee pro.  What does it do that makes it unique or special?  I couldn't really tell.