ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New Time management system from Mark Forster

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
I could copy and paste his email but I think that would probably be against his wishes. Hopefully he'll "out" it on his site soon.

If I get the time to have a closer look I'll report back.
-tomos (March 14, 2012, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree. I don't like his approach - although he may also have a very good reason for doing it this way he hasn't shared with us yet.

And...he is the author...so I think it's only right we respect his wishes and not broadband his emails if we do decide to receive them.
-40hz (March 14, 2012, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I didn't mean the contents of the e-mail (and totally agree with you), but the impressions of the system once you have time to peruse it more closely.

tomos:
Oh, I didn't mean the contents of the e-mail (and totally agree with you), but the impressions of the system once you have time to peruse it more closely.
-wraith808 (March 14, 2012, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

edit/ If I get the time to have a closer look I'll report back.

--- End quote ---

Much appreciated. Now that I'm more fully coherent (and in an admittedly less cranky mood now that my allergy meds have started working) I'll probably subscribe too.
 :)
--- End quote ---

Well, with my record with these (organisational) things, someone else is bound to try it out (properly) before I do

But, OTOH, a new system - especially a simple one - is tempting :)

40hz:
What I'd personally like to see is a time management system for people with more time on their hands than they'd like. I'm thinking of normally busy people who suddenly find themselves in slow periods with too much time and not enough to do. Because that's when you really start developing bad time management habits.
 :o

TaoPhoenix:
I'm always amazed that some people feel the need to make you jump through hoops just to get some straight information out of them about something. -40hz (March 14, 2012, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm not really sure what that's about.
Normally I wouldnt post something so obscure, but he got a fair bit of attention during the Getting Organised Experiments here.

I could copy and paste his email but I think that would probably be against his wishes. Hopefully he'll "out" it on his site soon.

edit/ If I get the time to have a closer look I'll report back.
--- End quote ---

THIS is what Copyright has gotten us into.
Enough with this controlling junk!

TaoPhoenix:
I'm always amazed that some people feel the need to make you jump through hoops just to get some straight information out of them about something. -40hz (March 14, 2012, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm not really sure what that's about.
Normally I wouldnt post something so obscure, but he got a fair bit of attention during the Getting Organised Experiments here.
--- End quote ---

I remember that. That's why I was semi-interested in what he had to say.

--- End quote ---

I agree. I don't like his approach - although he may also have a very good reason for doing it this way he hasn't shared with us yet.

And...he is the author...so I think it's only right we respect his wishes and not broadband his emails if we do decide to receive them.

Much appreciated. Now that I'm more fully coherent (and in an admittedly less cranky mood now that my allergy meds have started working) I'll probably subscribe too.
 :)
--- End quote ---

I slightly disagree - this is that Copyright effect again - what's the only limitation? That we "subscribe"? Of course he knows the smart folks will "subscribe" with a junk email. I already have this system set up. Didn't Facebook perfect the "sharing and liking"? So Old Web 2.0 was "Oh, someone has the email,share it". New Web 2.1 or 2.5 is "Eek Copyright sux, maybe we better not."

Do you really expect info to stay behind walled gardens?

If it didn't take work ideologically I'd sign up then private-email all comers of the result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version