ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats the point of subcribing to a youtube playlist/show?

(1/2) > >>

nite_monkey:
I've noticed that there is a subscribe button on youtube playlist pages, and on show pages. I don't see what the point is. It doesn't do anything. Back when youtube had the subscription box, the subscribed shows/playlists wouldn't show up in the sub box, and with the new (terrible) homepage, they don't show up either.

Whats the point of subcribing to a youtube playlist/show?

wraith808:
I think playlists can act like channels now, i.e. the subscription lets you know when the playlist is updated- either changed or added to.

nite_monkey:
Thats what I assumed it was for but:
It doesn't do anything. Back when youtube had the subscription box, the subscribed shows/playlists wouldn't show up in the sub box, and with the new (terrible) homepage, they don't show up either.
-nite_monkey (March 13, 2012, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
I get an e-mail digest every week from YouTube that shows me new videos uploaded to my subscriptions.

nite_monkey:
but does it show playlists and shows you are subscribed to? I used to get those emails (not sure why I don't anymore) and I don't really remember ever seeing the playlists I subscribed to showing up in those emails either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version