Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 07:33:58 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request: Option to automatically center on screen  (Read 1518 times)
IndoMK
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 13, 2012, 04:59:16 AM »

I know there's an old plugin for multi-monitor setups that says it includes the option to center on the screen; but frankly, I don't need the additional functionality -- I'd just like for FARR to pop back back up in the middle every time it's launched, instead of maybe being all the way up at the top (like if I had previously listed a large directory's contents).  I switched over from Launchy, and I'm really missing that setting.  I hope something like that wouldn't be too hard to implement?

By the way, thanks for writing FARR. cheesy  It's an awesome program, and makes life in an alternate Windows shell much more enjoyable.  smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »

I agree, it seems like a good idea and easy to add -- i will add an option for it.  It could be especially useful for multimonitor users, to have it appear centered on "current" monitor.
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:49:15 AM »

The multi-monitor functionality can be disabled in the plugin if you only want the centering (although with one monitor it doesn't make a difference).

... It could be especially useful for multimonitor users, to have it appear centered on "current" monitor.
That would make the multi-monitor plugin mostly obsolete, which would not be a bad thing Wink

IndoMK
Participant

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »

I agree, it seems like a good idea and easy to add -- i will add an option for it.
Yay! smiley Thanks, I look forward to seeing it in an upcoming update!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 04:41:24 AM »

Implemented; will be in update pushed out this weekend.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »

I only have one screen, but at least in that situation it appears to work in the latest:

[Feature] New option to position FARR window centered on current monitor when triggered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.16 ]