ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Quietly brilliant products you might not have known you needed

<< < (2/4) > >>

40hz:
...Anti-Theft Lunchbags. Pre-printed with a rather nasty looking mold image to discourage casual theft.
-40hz (March 12, 2012, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am curious to know: What sad part of the world would you have to live in to need to protect your sandwiches from being stolen?
-IainB (March 12, 2012, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

American high schools and university dorm rooms.  :P

mwb1100:
I am curious to know: What sad part of the world would you have to live in to need to protect your sandwiches from being stolen?
--- End quote ---

In the States your lunch isn't safe even in a police station: http://www.click2houston.com/news/Police-officer-accused-of-stealing-out-of-department-s-refrigerator/-/1735978/8829550/-/view/print/-/115h029z/-/index.html

superboyac:
...Anti-Theft Lunchbags. Pre-printed with a rather nasty looking mold image to discourage casual theft.
-40hz (March 12, 2012, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

American high schools and university dorm rooms.  :P
-40hz (March 12, 2012, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
And most business places.  I took someones OJ once (it was a dare, calm down).  My sister told me people would always take her food from the forensic lab she was working in.

IainB:
Wow. The only places I can recall food being stolen is on the very odd occasion when using communal fridges in backpacker hotels or campsites in New Zealand, but then marking your food (e.g., with name or room-number) usually seems to work.
I guess there will always be people who quite literally do not care and will steal whatever they want.

40hz:
I guess there will always be people who quite literally do not care and will steal whatever they want.
-IainB (March 12, 2012, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

My GF works for the state social service. She maintains that the word "entitled" is the most dangerous and corrosive word in the American-English dictionary. The ever more widespread attitude that says: "I'm entitled..." is what is destroying most of what America used to be about.

She could be right. :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version