ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to become Admin' for real?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
sorry that i haven't had time to follow up on the answers.

I AM the administrator of my PC. Guest account is not activated. The problem may be HOW various programs are installed, and/or where their shortcut is situated ("Curt-user" vs "All users"). It now #seems# to me that in general it is mostly a question of not double-clicking installation files, but right-click > Run as admin'. But I am not yet certain of this. Please teach me! On my previous computers I would always just double-click the installer, and never had this new problem.

------------------
Does any of you use the $30 (plus VAT) Windows 7 Firewall Control?
It is not clear to me if that shocking high price is for a major version's number only, or...? Please tell!  :tellme:

------------------
Info service: 129 Windows 7 Shortcuts from http://www.7tutorials.com/biggest-library-windows-7-shortcuts :

129 Windows 7 Shortcuts.zip (89.92 kB - downloaded 179 times.)-7tutorials
--- End quote ---

Curt:
Windows 7 Firewall Control?
It is not clear to me if that shocking high price is for a major version's number only, or...? Please tell!  -Curt (March 13, 2012, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was just a matter of scrolling even further down on their homepage:

Upgrade 1.x/2.x/3.x to 4.x Discount
    Get 30% discount coupon for the upgrade now-Windows 7 Firewall Control
--- End quote ---

Right now you can test version 5 BETA for free:

Free licenses for testing version 5 Beta:

Plus version: VFCR05000000TEST07CF72E75F54
Network/Cloud version: VFCS05000000TESTD43DD26B055F
XP Plus: XFCR05000000TEST2B91889D03E0

Free commercial licenses for making the product better
(by finding initial, significant, accepted, reproducible problems/bugs of the product).
Free 32-bit
Free 64-bit
Plus 32/64-bit (2in1)
Network/Cloud Edition 32/64-bit (2in1)
XP Plus Edition
XP Free Edition
--- End quote ---

I think the program makes it too easy to create bad settings.

Ath:
I AM the administrator of my PC. Guest account is not activated. The problem may be HOW various programs are installed, and/or where their shortcut is situated ("Curt-user" vs "All users"). It now #seems# to me that in general it is mostly a question of not double-clicking installation files, but right-click > Run as admin'. But I am not yet certain of this. Please teach me! On my previous computers I would always just double-click the installer, and never had this new problem.
-Curt (March 13, 2012, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think you really need to get up to date on (maybe Windows Vista) Windows 7 and the UAC 'issue' http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/user-account-control

Curt:
Sorry, I have of course been terrible bad, explaining myself.  :-[

I have no problem with UAC; I have a severe problem with some shortcuts opening a guest / none-admin version of my Internet browser or Explorer. I am the administrator and only user, there are no guests - so everything  I do must be recognized as being done by the admin; nothing must tell me that I don't have the right to save a picture in C:/filename.jpg

Ath:
nothing must tell me that I don't have the right to save a picture in C:/filename.jpg
-Curt (March 14, 2012, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, then do as nite_monkey said: Turn off UAC :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version