ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

screen capture secure-eBook and print

(1/2) > >>

dallasburn:
Hi
I am trying to screen capture a secure-ebook.  It is an exe file that uses the adobe reader plugin but have no print option enabled.
I downloaded screencaptor and chose the "scrolling window capture" option.  I had set the size on the secure-ebook reader in such a way that PageUp and PageDown will scroll by one page.  Running the "Test Window and Guess setting" correctly identifies

Vertical Scrolling (yes); Horizontal scrolling (no)
Scroll By "pages"
Simulate KeyPress by (PgDn/PgUp)

I press ok to capture and it has captured (by default) the first 50 pages.  So far so good!!!

However, when I try to print the 1.47 Mb captured JPG file, it comes out in only one page.  But I want to print 50 pages!

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
dallasburn

Ath:
Maybe working the other way around would solve this: Capture 1 page, and have a tool (:)) press the key or click with the mouse to advance to the next page, then capture another screen. As requested and resolved in this thread (have to read a bit down the thread to get at the interesting/explaining part though)

mouser:
Two ways to solve this -- one would be to find a program that knows how to automatically split an image over multiple pages when printing, like a poster printer.

The better way would be for me to add a feature that's been requested before -- an option to have SC save each page as a separate file -- or even a multi-page pdf.  That seems like it would be a good feature to add.  I will try to find the time to add it soon.

40hz:
Does any of this ignore the fact the creator of the ebook specifically did not want any hardcopy generated from it...or am I missing something here? :)

Ath:
Does any of this ignore the fact the creator of the ebook specifically did not want any hardcopy generated from it...or am I missing something here? :)
-40hz (March 10, 2012, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, it's for making the allowed, but nearly impossible to create, backup of the original on/in another medium.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version