ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple & book publishers may be sued for price fixing

(1/3) > >>

xtabber:
According to this article in the Wall Street Journal, the U.S. Department of Justice has told Apple and five of the largest book publishers that it plans to sue them for colluding to raise the prices consumers pay for ebooks.

zridling:
I sure hope so. Bought a 2009 mass market ebook tonight for $14 frickin' dollars. Absolutely ridiculous, I don't care how they justify it. No printing costs, no delivery costs, and yet it costs more than twice the price of the paperback back then.

40hz:

J-Mac:
^LOL!! Great pic 40hz!!

Thanks!

Jim

Renegade:
A while back I'd posted about Apple and textbooks...

These companies really need to be taken down a notch. Monopolizing textbooks? WTF? Charging every student for every book?

Doesn't anyone remember when you got a book, and it had the names of a bunch of kids who had used it before you? That seemed to work ok. And the book was paid for once. Now they want to charge what?!? And fix prices while they're at it?

Education now is a joke. It's not remotely about academics anymore. It's all just "business". Shameful. Purely shameful.

The "free markets" are no longer free. Corporatism and fascism have taken over. Sigh...  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version