ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Excel and third-party clipboard managers

<< < (3/3)

J-Mac:
Did you try using ClipCache instead of ClipMate & Excel ?-MerleOne (May 23, 2012, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

No... why should I when I bought ClipMate and have used it for years now?

If I copy some cells within Excel then paste them at another location, then press escape so that the dotted blinking line is no longer visible, I can return to Clipcache, copy the last entry, and paste it again in Excel.  I just tried with cells having simple numbers, not formulas.

--- End quote ---

Yes - and I mentioned that I can also do that with ClipMate - look at my previous post. Point is, why should I have to always go back and re-copy the entry before I can paste it? Again, read my previous post!

Thank you.

Jim

MerleOne:
No... why should I when I bought ClipMate and have used it for years now?
Yes - and I mentioned that I can also do that with ClipMate - look at my previous post. Point is, why should I have to always go back and re-copy the entry before I can paste it? Again, read my previous post!
-J-Mac (May 23, 2012, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see what you mean for the second point.  Regarding the first one, I just mentioned "trying", not "buying".  But I guess it's no longer useful since ClipCache seems to work the same way. Sorry !

J-Mac:
Hey Merle, my last post sure reads a lot more abrupt than it seemed to when I wrote it. IIRC I was very rushed trying to get somewhere and didn't really take the time to post properly. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I realize that it isn't the worst thing in the world but I have never been able to determine just why Microsoft felt the need to create a separate "Office Clipboard" that tries to disable the regular Windows Clipboard and then control what you can copy/paste and when. What was the rationale behind it? It has always seemed like a PITA to me. If I want to paste something several places in a spreadsheet I don’t want to be going back and re-copying it over and over again. Pity the poor souls who don’t use a separate clipboard manager; they have to continually go back to the original copied content and copy it over and over. And I can't see any benefit to the separate clipboard!

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version