ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Excel and third-party clipboard managers

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
I use several clipboard managers:
--CHS
--NoteFrog
--Ethervane Echo
--AceText

Excel always has issues with these.  Whenever I start copying/pasting cells around in excel and I have the clipboard managers running, I get some kind of error about clipboard chains and what not coming up with every copy paste keystroke.  It's annoying as hell.  I've scoured the net and can't figure out a way to get excel to play nice with them.  I don't want to disable them because I use each for particular things.  What is Excel's problem?  It's very sensitive about clipboard management...it's like a prissy little kid, "my way or else I'll cry".  Frankly, I can do without excel's clipboard features.  Thoughts?

eleman:
I have no idea why you experience the problem, but here's my data on the matter, it may help you in the troubleshooting department:

clipx+excel from office 2003

no problems at all.

bob99:
After never having a problem over the years I've only just started seeing a "cannot empty clipboard" (or to that effect) with Excel 2003 during the past week or so.  Like you I've searched and did come up with the following forums addressing the issue.  You may have already seen them but here are the links anyway.

From Microsoft Answers
On Mr. Excel forum
Online Tech Tips
Online Tech Tips provides a number of things to try.

What was brought up in a couple of them is some other process hanging on to the clipboard.  Recently I've been running Clipboard Help+Spell, Ethervane Echo and Screenshot Captor at the same time. And it's since I've been running all three that I've seen the error.  So maybe it has to do with running all three at the same time. Or maybe even some other program. I did install some others during that time also. I haven't had the time to try different combinations to figure it out.  I've just been hitting ok and moving on. Most of the articles do mention it will need to be a process of elimination to determine which other program is causing it.

superboyac:
I know, I've read those.  The thing is...I don't really want to disable the clipboard managers.  What I would rather disable is Excel's nazi control on the clipboard.  I don't need any of Excel's clipboard features, i really don't.  They're a nuisance at best.  The third party tools blows any of microsofts clipboard conveniences out of the water.

MerleOne:

--Ethervane Echo
--AceText

Excel always has issues with these.  Whenever I start copying/pasting cells around in excel and I have the clipboard managers running, I get some kind of error about clipboard chains and what not coming up with every copy paste keystroke.  It's annoying as hell.  I've scoured the net and can't figure out a way to get excel to play nice with them.  I don't want to disable them because I use each for particular
-superboyac (March 08, 2012, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you try Clipcache pro from Xrayz (not Linkstash actually, another of their products) ?  I use it since a few weeks ago, and it works fine with Excel 2007.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version