ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For the LULZ or for the FBI? (Get ready to cry...)

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
Here's a good Zen koan for would-be revolutionaries: What is the sound of one cell door slamming?
-40hz (March 08, 2012, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like that.  And it doesn't just apply to revolutionaries.  That's one of the main things they show on Beyond Scared Straight... when people come in and are friendly, they show how easy it is to turn them on each other.
-wraith808 (March 08, 2012, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's an understandable thing. When confronted with the reality of staring at the walls of an 8 x 10 concrete box (with steel-barred lid) - and facing the mind-deadening and unremitting (by design) misery of prison life for a significant portion of the years in your life -  it's a tough thing to face. No such thing as atheism in a foxhole, or nonchalance in a prison.

So know yourself. Know who your real friends are. And above all, know what you're getting into.

Not to say there's nothing worth going to jail over. Or that the threat of jail alone should be our final arbiter for actions taken in the name of morality. It's just that it's important to realize that prison is one of authority's two responses to what it considers unacceptable behavior.

The other is poverty BTW. Those who don't "play the game" usually either get thrown into jail - or marginalized to the fringes of society. Keeping malcontents poor and desperate for their survival needs is also used to control those portions of society that the people in power consider to be low-grade trouble. People that are trying to make rent and find something to eat don't tend to embrace political causes. They're too busy trying to stay alive. And as long as a carefully modulated welfare system keeps the difficulties just within the range of bearable, there's usually small chance of such financially induced suffering flaring into an all out rebellion.

It's a neat trick. One that worked for the old Roman Empire.

And one that still works for our modern ones.

So it goes. :'(

8)

TaoPhoenix:
I try to keep reinforcing what this has on the overall mood. FBI infiltrating is very close to them running the show, which is called "False Flagging". So Anonymous pretends/wants to be "a bunch of angry hackers", but if the Feds are on the inside then it's some kind of entrapping event.

Not too long ago people predicting the Feds were inside were called "Tin Foil Hatters". But the scary part is that for every "Tin Foil Hat" theory, half of them ARE true!

Remember, the brewing threat along with the Copyright side is some kind of Protect Us From The EEEEVIL Hackers Act.  But the Feds are running it False Flag, remember? So that leaves just plain corruption.

40hz:
Not too long ago people predicting the Feds were inside were called "Tin Foil Hatters". But the scary part is that for every "Tin Foil Hat" theory, half of them ARE true!
-TaoPhoenix (March 08, 2012, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's an old saying attributed to the Russians and the Irish. I'll give the Russian version:

This must go no further than your ears...

Any time four men meet in a cellar to plot to overthrow the Czar, three are fools - and the fourth is Oprichina.*

(*Secret Police)
 ;D

Tuxman:
I would not believe in anything. LulzSec was not stupid.

tomos:
Make sure it's really worth it to you [ending up "in a jail cell, on a scaffold, or before the wall"]. And above all, make sure you really believe.-40hz (March 08, 2012, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's never worth imo - it's not that I'm looking to debate it - it's too abstract to argue...
You (one) either believe it could be worth it, or you dont.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version