ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

"Auto Copy Selected Area?"

(1/2) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

Hi Mouser and gang,

I currently use Snippy for "my screen capture needs". You click Snippy, You draw your area, (depending on OS hit Control-C to copy). My output target is currently Stickies, but that could change/tandem depending on what all Captor does.

Is there behavior like this currently there? I don't want to try to remember the "alt-shift-something" type of combo I think it currently asks for.

Ideas?

mouser:
can you rephrase your question -- i'm not sure i fully understand.

TaoPhoenix:
Sure. The way I do screenshots currently is I click something called Snippy that resides in the tray. It creates a sort of cross-hairs out of the mouse, so that click and drag selects some region. When you let go (on Win 7) that selected area is now on your clipboard - you don't need to remember a keyboard combo.

Then you just paste your pic into any picture program.

Is that clearer?

lanux128:
this is one way of doing what you wanted..

1. Go to 'Preferences' > 'Post-Capture Options' and check 'Copy Image to Clipboard'.
2. Right-click on the tray menu and choose 'Grab selected Region'.
3. Now you can draw as you did in Snippy and once you let go, the image will be saved in clipboard.

TaoPhoenix:
That's getting close! I also adjusted sound off, I put the grab feature on the single Print Screen button since I almost never need full print screens. (2 24 inch monitors = yikes!) Stay Minimimized in Tray, and another thing or two. 

Heh Note To Self - to schedule some pending payments to sites including here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version