ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Save all images as a PDF or SWF

(1/2) > >>

chump2010:
I just tried Screenshot Captor. I like the way it works a lot. My only complaint is the way it saves. I spend a lot of time creating tutorials for friends and family. Previously I have used Wink to do this,going through an install process and ever so often pressing a button to region capture.

Then I would edit the captured screenshots, put in some text boxes and save as a PDF. This would create lovely looking tutorials that had all the information ready and waiting, in an easy to follow manner.

Screenshot captor does not appear to have a way to save all the images that you just captured as say a PDF or as one file. Instead you have to save each one, and then save it separately.

Have i got this correct or is this a way to do this?

mouser:
Actually there is an UNDOCUMENTED way to do what you want.

First, go to options and on the last tab, Scanner Options, check "Enabled Scanner Features"

Then you'll see a new scanner-helper toolbar on the bottom of the Screenshot Captor window.

Now if you select a bunch of images in the left hand thumbnail panel (by control clicking one after the other, or click and then shift+click for end image, or Ctrl+A for all),

and then hit the PDF button on the scanner tools toolbar, it will create a pdf with multiple pages, one for each image.

I will add this feature in the File menu in the future so you dont have to use the scanner toolbar.

chump2010:
Thank you VERY much :) It worked just like you said it would. I have managed to resize the image, but I am not sure how to resize the actual canvas size. That is to say, when I save it as a pdf I get:

Save all images as a PDF or SWF

I think I am making a silly mistake somewhere and I just know I am going to end up with egg on my face  :-[

mouser:
you arent making a mistake so i guess it's me with the egg -- it's probably a result of me writing this function for scanner pdf saving -- i can't remember.

let me try to add the proper save multiple pages to pdf function to main File menu, and it should be fixed.  give me a couple of days.

dluby:
That's a nice undocumented feature!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version