topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 11:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Save all images as a PDF or SWF  (Read 5103 times)

chump2010

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Save all images as a PDF or SWF
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:56 PM »
I just tried Screenshot Captor. I like the way it works a lot. My only complaint is the way it saves. I spend a lot of time creating tutorials for friends and family. Previously I have used Wink to do this,going through an install process and ever so often pressing a button to region capture.

Then I would edit the captured screenshots, put in some text boxes and save as a PDF. This would create lovely looking tutorials that had all the information ready and waiting, in an easy to follow manner.

Screenshot captor does not appear to have a way to save all the images that you just captured as say a PDF or as one file. Instead you have to save each one, and then save it separately.

Have i got this correct or is this a way to do this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Save all images as a PDF or SWF
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:11 PM »
Actually there is an UNDOCUMENTED way to do what you want.

First, go to options and on the last tab, Scanner Options, check "Enabled Scanner Features"

Then you'll see a new scanner-helper toolbar on the bottom of the Screenshot Captor window.

Now if you select a bunch of images in the left hand thumbnail panel (by control clicking one after the other, or click and then shift+click for end image, or Ctrl+A for all),

and then hit the PDF button on the scanner tools toolbar, it will create a pdf with multiple pages, one for each image.

I will add this feature in the File menu in the future so you dont have to use the scanner toolbar.

chump2010

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Thank you VERY much :) It worked just like you said it would. I have managed to resize the image, but I am not sure how to resize the actual canvas size. That is to say, when I save it as a pdf I get:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5480/capturetudn.jpg
Save all images as a PDF or SWF

I think I am making a silly mistake somewhere and I just know I am going to end up with egg on my face  :-[

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:15 PM »
you arent making a mistake so i guess it's me with the egg -- it's probably a result of me writing this function for scanner pdf saving -- i can't remember.

let me try to add the proper save multiple pages to pdf function to main File menu, and it should be fixed.  give me a couple of days.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 06:40 AM »
That's a nice undocumented feature!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 07:21 AM »
Also remember that the left hand thumbnail panel is fully windows explorer compatible -- so any shell extension you might have that lets you select a bunch of files and right-click to perform an operation on them (im sure there are some pdf builders that work that way), or that support drag and drop, will work via the left hand thumbnail panel.