ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SnagIt 11

<< < (6/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I think we (and include myself) are to blame - we all pestered mouser for features and he gave them to us. Now we bitch about how much stuff is in there ;)

Sorry mouser!

mouser:
Ah well, everyone should find the perfect program for the way their brain works -- we all have different needs.

But if you really want a minimalist tool, try my MiniCap, the little sister to Screenshot Captor -- it basically works via commandline and does not stay resident.

Just remember that Screenshot Captor was designed to stay completely out of your way until you need it so I hope people won't be put off my all the things it can do and focus on how they can configure it to work best for them.

tranglos:
I have version 10, but am reluctant to upgrade to 11
-Curt (March 07, 2012, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Have you noticed how much was taken OUT of v.11?
-cranioscopical (March 07, 2012, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looking at their list, they've removed seven features and added six. No more screenshots of full-screen command-line or dirextx apps? Removed web capture? I've never used any of these myself, but they sound rather useful. Weird!

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

I think I will mention that ScreenPresso looks like another nice program in the genre.  I've been using it the last couple of weeks for that quick region shot.  Designed for some upload capabilities. Granted, I need to go back and compare to SSC, Winsnap, etc.  Anyway, for my limited use it has been nice, the only "problem" being an occasional short delay if my CPU stuff is high on the system.  Maybe I should tweak it to a high priority with Process This-and-That.

Steven

tomos:
But if you really want a minimalist tool, try my MiniCap, the little sister to Screenshot Captor -- it basically works via commandline and does not stay resident.
-mouser (March 09, 2012, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

My favourite *easy* screen capture "programme" was minicap via FARR (as an alias). I lost track of it after my last hardware update. Was my favourite - would be nice if it came with FARR by default (dont know if that would cause other headaches). Just re-"installed" the alias, it came with an outdated minicap so I wont link to it (I replaced the minicap with up-to-date files, will see how I get on...)

Edit/ although I see there's an Alias only download that presumably works with an installed minicap
http://tuckndar.dcmembers.com/download.php?list.3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version