ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SnagIt 11

<< < (3/8) > >>

highend01:
Windows System Requirements
.NET 4.0 or later required for video.
--- End quote ---

One more reason to stay with v10 ;(

kunkel321:
Big difference in resource usage with Screenshot Capture idling at around 300k.
The others are usually much more.
-cmpm (March 07, 2012, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is true.  Snagit 11 sitting idle is never below 50MB.  You'll probably want the Editor running in the background.  That's another 50MB.   It does have some nice features that are not present in ScreenShot Captor, but SSC also has some nice features that are not available in SnagIt.   SSC is definitely more customizable, and plays nicer with other apps.  SnagIt is very proprietary--for example a fellow wrote a plug-in to do Imgur uploads https://github.com/hmemcpy/SnagitImgur but it can't be installed directly because the SnagIt security is so high....   Pretty frustrating, and not geek-friendly.  

Josh:
Personally, I bought and use (on a regular basis) FastStone capture. I was turned on to this tool when I was on a temporary assignment with the US Military and fell in love with just how simple it is to use. Plus, $20 for lifetime updates....can't beat that!

Jibz:
I quite like the simplicity of FastStone Capture as well, I miss stuff like the blur option from GreenShot though, which is even free.

cyberdiva:
I own a copy of SnagIt 10, which I got for free.  I agree with those who said they saw little reason to upgrade to SnagIt 11 (esp. since it would cost me $25 to upgrade).  Having tried SnagIt 10, I found that for most things, I much prefer the program I've been using for well over a decade: HyperSnap.  I find it faster and much easier to use the SnagIt and much less resource-heavy.  I haven't tried other screen-capture programs because I've been so pleased with HyperSnap.  If HyperSnap were to disappear, I still wouldn't turn to SnagIt as my everyday program.  Instead, I think I'd give Screenshot Captor a serious try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version