ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Detected trojan : Win32.Troj.Kryptic.a (kcloud)

(1/2) > >>

hpchavaz:
I just updated FARR and got a trojan detected warning from Kingsoft Pc Doctor :
Win32.Troj.Kryptic.a (kcloud) for FindAndRunRobot.exe

KynloStephen66515:
Did you download Direct from here at DonationCoder? - If so, please provide the link you used.

NB: If it WAS from here at DC, then there is a 99.99% that this, is a false-positive

hpchavaz:
I updated via DcUpdater.

Microsoft Security Essentials finds nothing.

KynloStephen66515:
Yeah, I am 99.99% sure this is a false positive.

False Positive? Whats One Of Those???A false positive, also known as a false detection or false alarm, occurs when an antivirus program detects a known virus string in an uninfected file. The file, while not infected with an actual virus, does contain a string of characters that matches a string from an actual virus.

A false positive can also occur when a program performs an action, which appears to the antivirus program to be a virus-like activity.

Examples of such activity can include, but are not limited to, writing to the master boot record of the hard disk, making changes to a system file, or running a custom macro in a program such as Microsoft Word.

False detections, once confirmed by the security company in question, are usually corrected as soon as possible

Thank you for pointing this out :)

Ath:
trojan detected warning from Kingsoft Pc Doctor
-hpchavaz (March 05, 2012, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
What's a "Kingsoft Pc Doctor"? Eatable? Or the local PC guru? :P

If uncertain, at least ask Jotti or and another on-line scan service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version