topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AnVir Task Manager 6.5 for free plus 30% discount on PRO version  (Read 5564 times)

Ennovy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Giveaway for 7 days of the standard version of AnVir Task Manager 6.5
If you want the PRO version, there is a discount of 30%

Read all about it here: http://www.raymond.c...-raymond-cc-readers/

Watch out when you install the software:

Do take note that during installation of AnVir Task Manager, after clicking the I Agree button, you will find Full installation and Custom installation options at the 2nd step of installation. Selecting the Full installation will allow the setup to automatically install a third party Reg Organizer software on your computer. So if you don’t want Reg Organizer to be installed on your computer, select Custom Installation and uncheck the “Install Reg Organizer” option. Somewhere in the middle of the installation, an InstallManager Setup window will appear asking you to install Babylon Toolbar. Clicking the Decline button will avoid installing the Babylon Toolbar adware.

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AnVir Task Manager 6.5 for free plus 30% discount on PRO version
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30 PM »
Giveaway for 7 days of the standard version of AnVir Task Manager.
But the standard version of the SW is always free. :huh:

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:33 PM »
According to Compare Editions there are three -- a free edition, a standard edition ($30) and a pro edition ($50). I would hope it is the standard edition they are giving away and not the free one :-[.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I haven't checked this program out in years. I never had a problem with it other than the devs seem to be very slow to update it.

sakiskom

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:19 AM »
According to Compare Editions there are three -- a free edition, a standard edition ($30) and a pro edition ($50). I would hope it is the standard edition they are giving away and not the free one :-[.
You have right! There a 3 versions. Free, Standard, Pro.
Gigeaway offer is for Standard version. :Thmbsup:

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:38 AM »
I had the Standard version from GAOTD a few years ago and subsequently upgraded to Pro. But when v.6 was released I declined to purchase it. I really didn't like the "improvements" and I also wasn’t thrilled with the development at that time. I haven't kept up with it so I can't really say where it is now, but since they have decided to include crapware hidden in their "Full" installation package, I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.

(According to raymond.cc, it apparently doesn’t just try to install "Reg Organizer" but it also throws in something called "The Babylon Toolbar" just for shits and giggles. Nice...)

Jim

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Hi,

While I have mixed feelings about the Anvir tools, I must say that it warns me of certain registry changes (I think that is what it is,  or maybe stuff like system files or .exe files monitoring) that nothing else in my security mix is warning me about right now, on one my of my puters. 

So the program really does have some pizazz.  A little cluttered in look, but with a lot of features.

I sort of missed this latest upgrade/freebie (I really do not like bundled hassleware that I can avoid but is designed to trap the daily runner) but Anvir is pretty good on occasionally putting out a freebie beyond their standard here and there.  Next time I will probably jump quicker.  I'm not sure what is the level that gives the HIPS types warnings.

Steven