Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 09:29:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AnVir Task Manager 6.5 for free plus 30% discount on PRO version  (Read 1995 times)
Ennovy
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:42:22 AM »

Giveaway for 7 days of the standard version of AnVir Task Manager 6.5
If you want the PRO version, there is a discount of 30%

Read all about it here: http://www.raymond.cc/blo...y-for-raymond-cc-readers/

Watch out when you install the software:

Do take note that during installation of AnVir Task Manager, after clicking the I Agree button, you will find Full installation and Custom installation options at the 2nd step of installation. Selecting the Full installation will allow the setup to automatically install a third party Reg Organizer software on your computer. So if you don’t want Reg Organizer to be installed on your computer, select Custom Installation and uncheck the “Install Reg Organizer” option. Somewhere in the middle of the installation, an InstallManager Setup window will appear asking you to install Babylon Toolbar. Clicking the Decline button will avoid installing the Babylon Toolbar adware.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »

Giveaway for 7 days of the standard version of AnVir Task Manager.
But the standard version of the SW is always free. huh
Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »

According to Compare Editions there are three -- a free edition, a standard edition ($30) and a pro edition ($50). I would hope it is the standard edition they are giving away and not the free one embarassed.

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »

I haven't checked this program out in years. I never had a problem with it other than the devs seem to be very slow to update it.
sakiskom
Participant

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:19:25 AM »

According to Compare Editions there are three -- a free edition, a standard edition ($30) and a pro edition ($50). I would hope it is the standard edition they are giving away and not the free one embarassed.
You have right! There a 3 versions. Free, Standard, Pro.
Gigeaway offer is for Standard version. Thmbsup
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

I had the Standard version from GAOTD a few years ago and subsequently upgraded to Pro. But when v.6 was released I declined to purchase it. I really didn't like the "improvements" and I also wasn’t thrilled with the development at that time. I haven't kept up with it so I can't really say where it is now, but since they have decided to include crapware hidden in their "Full" installation package, I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.

(According to raymond.cc, it apparently doesn’t just try to install "Reg Organizer" but it also throws in something called "The Babylon Toolbar" just for shits and giggles. Nice...)

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
Steven Avery
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »

Hi,

While I have mixed feelings about the Anvir tools, I must say that it warns me of certain registry changes (I think that is what it is,  or maybe stuff like system files or .exe files monitoring) that nothing else in my security mix is warning me about right now, on one my of my puters. 

So the program really does have some pizazz.  A little cluttered in look, but with a lot of features.

I sort of missed this latest upgrade/freebie (I really do not like bundled hassleware that I can avoid but is designed to trap the daily runner) but Anvir is pretty good on occasionally putting out a freebie beyond their standard here and there.  Next time I will probably jump quicker.  I'm not sure what is the level that gives the HIPS types warnings.

Steven
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.13 ]