ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip+ and Rockbox

<< < (8/12) > >>

superboyac:
Okay, my bank account is groaning a bit but I've now replaced the lost SD card.

Before I started anything, I made sure I used the Sandisk recommendation and formatted it with 32k allocation units.

I'm probably a bit more au fait with things than I was when I first started this thread, but I'm still having a lot of trouble with playlists.

The Rockbox manual doesn't go into much detail, sadly, but I want to create a Rockbox equivalent of the "Random Play All" option on my Creative Zen. That seems to mean I should create a playlist containing everything on the player (or rather, everything in the music database) and then assign a shortcut to it. Ideally, I should be able to invoke the shuffle function before playback starts but (equally ideally) I don't want the player to get left in shuffle mode when I decide I want to play another playlist, or an album or something.

And of course I've fallen at the first hurdle. I can't work out how to create the "everything" list in the first place. Has anyone here with more experience with Rockbox than me got any idea what I should be doing?

-oblivion (March 13, 2012, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a good question and it's something I always want to do also.  i think rockbox can do it, but I haven't figured it out yet.  usually, I'll go into the category or folder I want and turn on the shuffle play option.  But doing it your way is better, if it were easy to do.  Playlist management on mp3 players has always been that needle in the hatstack feature.  Most players have no support for playlist creation and control, and if they do, it's very limited.  The good reviewers always make a point to emphasize the playlist features since that makes or breaks the player for a lot of people.

Carol Haynes:
The standard firmware does that when you click Play All !

oblivion:
The standard firmware does that when you click Play All !
-Carol Haynes (March 13, 2012, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

:P

The Rockbox stuff -- particularly the wonderful equaliser and the bookmarking features -- still make it the better of the two environments. (And the database update is MUCH faster and less unnecessarily frequent, important when I'm back to a 95% full 40Gb device!)

Deozaan:
Just booted into Windows 7 on my son's laptop, and the folder in question is there, not hidden.-Edvard (March 10, 2012, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip. Now that I know how to change USB Mount method, I'll hook it up to my Win7 machine and give it a try.-Deozaan (March 10, 2012, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I just tried it on my Win7 machine and I still don't see the ##MUSIC# folder. What I ended up doing was letting it mount the default way (MTP, which stores the files in ##MUSIC#) and then moved all my music from the device, then remounted it as the non-default way (MSC) and moved my music back onto the device into the Music folder.

Now that that's sorted it all works as it should. :Thmbsup:

40hz:
Question for you Rockbox/Sansa mavens:

I was recently given a lovely 2GB Sansa Model e250v2. Love it. But it's one of the Sansas that shipped with Rhapsody included. It's running version 03.01.16A software.

Do the Sansas that came with Rhapsody have the same onboard software as the ones that didn't. Or can you convert a Sansa Rhapsody version to a standard Sansa player if they're not?

Any good URLs or other info would be appreciated. Thx. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version