ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip+ and Rockbox

<< < (2/12) > >>

superboyac:
I still think if you figure out how to connect the device to the pc in rockbox mode, all your problems will go away.

Carol Haynes:
Can't remember where I saw the 16Gb limit but I think it was from the SanDisk website.

It appears they have now revised that to 32Gb (maybe a firmware update): http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id

Which file formats are supported by RockBox? Does it support audible?

Deozaan:
I'm also trying to figure out how to connect it to my PC. In Windows 7 I just plug it in and it automatically pops up some SanDisk thing with information about the device and free space, etc. But when I plug it into my Windows XP netbook, XP doesn't even seem to recognize that there's a new USB device plugged in. It simply charges.

How can I connect the Sansa ZipClip to my machine and mount it like a normal USB device on XP? Or even on Windows 7? I don't like the SanDisk driver/software. It sometimes does strange things to the music, like renaming the files/folders on the device, so they are hard to find using the RockBox firmware and they play out of their proper order.

Any tips on getting this thing to mount like a regular USB storage device on XP and Windows 7?

Carol Haynes:
It is supplied with USB mode set to Mass Storage (MSC) (because Apple doesn't work with MTP mode).

Change the USB mode in the device itself to MTP and it works fine.

Press home and find Settings, go to System Settings and then USBMode - select MTP, plug it in to your PC and it should work.

oblivion:
I still think if you figure out how to connect the device to the pc in rockbox mode, all your problems will go away.
-superboyac (March 05, 2012, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Far as I can tell from the docs (and my fumble-fingered testing ;) ) if you attach a powered USB connection to a switched-off Rockboxed Clip+, it starts up in its native (Sandisk) firmware and the preferred connection type (MSC seems to be what the Rockbox guys suggest and means it presents as a drive rather than a media player). Alternatively, you switch it on while holding <left> before connecting it -- which also has it running the native firmware.

However... all my problems with slow database updates are currently academic. Using my shiny new gadget in the car yesterday (connected to an FM transmitter that the car stereo is tuned to) I forgot to disconnect the wires when I got out of the car in the supermarket carpark. The audio cable got shut in the car door, the Clip unclipped and hit the ground and although I picked it up (with a few carefully chosen Words that would have even shocked any passing service personnel) I didn't discover until this morning that the 32Gb SD card is no longer in the device.

Like I'm going to find something the size of my fingernail in a carpark. :sick: Although I'm going to take a long lunchbreak today...)

I suppose I should amuse myself with the idea that someone will notice and retrieve it, stick it in their phone and be so unimpressed with my choice of music that it gets handed in as lost property.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version