ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to remove Windows.old?

<< < (5/9) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
DISCLAIMER: Stephen66515 assumes all responsibility and liability for your actions! ;-)
-Josh (March 04, 2012, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh:  :(  >:(  :mad:  :nono2:

Carol Haynes:
Neither vista not windows 7 use boot.ini.

They both use bcdedit from a command prompt to edit the boot process. Not for the faint hearted!

Curt:
Press Start, Type 'msconfig' (without the '') and hit enter...choose the boot tab...and if you see "Windows Vista" simply press "Delete" on it -Stephen66515 (March 04, 2012, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

-perfect, Stephen66515, thank you  :up:

and Thank you all  :Thmbsup:

I am now free of the extra, black screen where I should choose between W7 and Vista.
Quite Interestingly I am still greeted by Fujitsu, not by Dell.

app103:
Quite Interestingly I am still greeted by Fujitsu, not by Dell.
-Curt (March 04, 2012, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why would you be greeted by Dell? You don't have a Dell. Just because the disk you used to install Win7 came from a Dell, it doesn't turn your machine into a Dell. You will still display the Fujitsu stuff on boot because it's still a Fujitsu machine, still has the bios supplied by Fujitsu. That logo displays before Windows even begins to load.

If you really hate that logo, there might be an option in the bios to display post messages or extended post messages. Selecting that might get rid of it. If not, you'll have to replace the motherboard supplied by Fujitsu. I don't suggest you go messing around in the bios unless you know what you are doing, though. Great way to really screw up a computer if you don't.

Curt:
-thank you for the explanation, April. Yes, there are so many other ways I can screw up my PC... oh, dear, so many threads I have created, asking for help - this being one of them. No, I am actually pleased with Fujitsu displaying their logo,..., because I like Dell even less!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version