ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to remove Windows.old?

<< < (6/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Depending on the age of the computer you might be able to find a tool for inserting a new image in the the BIOS then you could create "Curt's Computer" logo.

Curt:
-just now, this minute, I was installing 64-bits Nitro Pdf, and was informed by Windows that "This program is not a genuine 32-bits program".

Do you see the problem? The new Dell disc is W7 64-bits, so Fujitsu VISTA 32-bits is still governing this computer! Oh, damned! I have been downloading 24/7 for three days; Will I really need to wipe it all out and begin all over? Seems like it, to me.
 :tellme: :tellme:

Carol Haynes:
Sounds like a good plan - upgrades are never a good idea and even MS say side by side installs on the same disk are not advised.

Backup you data, bite the bullet and format your hard disk completely (in Windows 7 install use the tool to delete all the partitions and let it rebuild the new partitions you need so you start clean).

If it isn't a silly question how exactly did you manage to install a Dell copy of Windows 7 onto a Fujitsu computer - I though Dell windows disks looked at the BIOS for activation and would only install on Dell hardware?

tomos:
If it isn't a silly question how exactly did you manage to install a Dell copy of Windows 7 onto a Fujitsu computer - I though Dell windows disks looked at the BIOS for activation and would only install on Dell hardware?
-Carol Haynes (March 05, 2012, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I bought a Dell copy of Win7 end of last summer and installed it on a custom built machine no problem. I've seen one Dell logo somewhere (cant remember where).

At some stage there was a court case here (.de) that said that you could install oems on any machine. I dont know did that have any influence on the actual install discs...

Curt:
-the salesman said it would install without any questions,  and he was right.

I will need to purchase a cable to move the downloaded backup files from the desktop to the laptop - moving is faster, than downloading from Livedrive. So I must be on my way at once; it is almost closing time around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version