ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Android Tablets

<< < (3/5) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I haven't done any research on tablets, but the overall mood in the air for me is that this is still the "luxury" market, with the same "ramp up" feel of PC's in the early 90's. I try to get value in my tech purchases that will last me for years, and the impression I get from the tablet buzz is that this is about one generation too early for lasting value.

Renegade:
I haven't done any research on tablets, but the overall mood in the air for me is that this is still the "luxury" market, with the same "ramp up" feel of PC's in the early 90's. I try to get value in my tech purchases that will last me for years, and the impression I get from the tablet buzz is that this is about one generation too early for lasting value.
-TaoPhoenix (April 30, 2012, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps. It all depends.

I primarily use my tablet to get away from my desk, e.g. go outside for a smoke & read news, lay on the couch & read, stay mobile when I'm Skype video chatting with people so that I can stumble into the kitchen and fix myself another vodka or whiskey. :P

I picked mine up for KRW 700,000, but I expect that we'll see that drop to much better levels in the next couple of years or so.

I generally wait until the markets start to mature a bit before I jump in with few exceptions. We just got our first DSLR in 2010.

For the tab, it's not really going anywhere for me anytime soon as I really only read on it and little more. Reading is unlikely to have any required updates. :D So, that's what drew me in there instead of going with the "wait & see" attitude this time.

But, everyone has a different perspective on what they'd like to do/accomplish. Mine are simply very basic.

cranioscopical:
what's the advantage of buying in Seoul?
-lanux128 (April 29, 2012, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Might have a Seoul patch…

Josh:
My wife has an android tablet, the ASUS Transformer TF101. She loves the device. It is a great way to do some small gaming, read her kindle books, browse an occasional web page or two, and not have the laptop with her. It is very portable and is a great device. I want to get one to match. My daughter absolutely loves it which also has me pursuing a "Child proof" tablet, or one which is semi-childproof.

For my tablet, I want to ensure that it is capable of the latest Android OS (4.0). So, with that said, are there any new features worth holding out for or would the TF201 Transformer prime be a worthwhile investment?

Deozaan:
I believe that the TF101 has ICS (4.0) available for it now. You may not want to get the TF201. There have been widespread reports of the unibody design interfering with its ability to get steady wireless and GPS connections.

YMMV with the TF201.

I'm looking forward to the next Transformer, but I'm not sure what they're calling it right now. TF700? TF300?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version