Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 06:38:54 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Flash not working in firefox. Some web addresses are inaccessible. Why?  (Read 1942 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »

So i've been having a weird problem lately, and I have no idea what's going on.  First, Flash is not really working in firefox anymore for me.  I've tried installing and reinstalling it dozens of times.  Youtube still works occasionally, but it's flaky.  Things like menu popouts don't work anymore (like on ESPN).

I keep getting the message from firefox to install the flash plugin.  but it doesn't work, i get the following screen:

I really don't get it at all.  I remember a couple of other websites don't work anymore either, with the same message.  But the same websites work fine in my virtual machine on the SAME computer.  So something about my desktop system is screwed up.  I checked my hosts file to see if anything was hijacked, but everything is fine there.  I went into my device manager and checked out the network adapters, and they were fine (except for the fact that I had 20 devices in the network adapters  tellme ??).

So I've reached the end of my knowledge base.  i need help.  It's annoying enough where I may consider reinstalling windows.  but i hope not.

cmpm
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »

See if it will update by way of your addons manager-plugins.
I had the latest flash plugin, and it still wanted to update through here.
And it did do an update.... Wink

* plugins.png (4.68 KB, 365x56 - viewed 80 times.)
superboyac
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:21:29 AM »

See if it will update by way of your addons manager-plugins.
I had the latest flash plugin, and it still wanted to update through here.
And it did do an update.... Wink
Yeah, I've tried that.  It's not that.  It's some kind of network problem...DNS...something is blocking the access from the Windows to the website.  Like I said, even a VM on the same computer can access it, so it's some kind of settings issue.  All other computers on my network can also access the sites.  I've been messing around a LOT with all these things I'm trying to do to turn my desktop into a cloud computing center...so I'm sure I gorkked something along the way.  That's what I do!

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:32:55 AM »

1: http://www.ghacks.net/201...-flash-player-completely/

2a 32-bits: http://www.filehippo.com/...lashplayer_firefox/11658/
2b 64-bits: http://www.filehippo.com/...d_flashplayer_firefox_64/
cmpm
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »

Before reinstalling windows, you might just do FF.
Perhaps even deleting settings and preferences.
Or backup to an older version of FF, and see if it works.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

Also I was thinking your graphics card may need updating.
My guesswork anyway...
superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »

I'll try the graphics card.  But I really think the problem is that there are certain websites (I don't know which ones...not their exact addresses).  Like, that page in the flash install wizard shown in the first post...something is blocking access to that licensing page.  If I fix that, I'm pretty sure that will fix the problem.  I also think my 20 network adapters might be a problem.

I've tried reinstalling firefox and flash every which way possible at this point.

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »

And by the way...on adobe's website, why are there multiple places and ways to download the flash installer?  I must have encountered 4 different ways already to get it, all on adobe's official pages.

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »

Hey!  It works now!  The newest place where I downloaded the installer finally did it.  I have no idea why this is the right one, or why this installation worked and the other dozen times I tried didn't.  i don't even know why it wasn't working in the first place.  Frankly, I don't understand why there is this "race" for new versions of browsers.  Was a contest announced to see who can get to the highest version before the Mayan calendar ends?  Highest version wins!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.05 ]