ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 8 to offer nine versions for sale

<< < (8/8)

mahesh2k:
I am not missing the point here, thats why i presented android app store example. Like app store,games in linux steam arent going to get filled overnight. Python and C/Cpp, java games? Sure thats easy. C sharp games with dx or ms game dev studio released games? Hell lot of time to port them. In fact these are the games that will take more time to get there.

Deozaan:
C sharp games with dx or ms game dev studio released games? Hell lot of time to port them. In fact these are the games that will take more time to get there.-mahesh2k (April 27, 2012, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

And most of the existing library will probably not be ported at all. :down:

Ath:
And most of the existing library will probably not be ported at all. :down:
-Deozaan (April 28, 2012, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds like Microsoft is shooting themself in the foot... with a high-power nuclear gun :'(

mahesh2k:
They have a platform to protect and have more commercial intentions. Whereas linux is not centralized and is people driven, so microsoft is not shooting themself in the foot, they're just trying to hold the platform as long as possible. I do have some expectations with Wine, but it is far from perfect when it comes to porting games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version