ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 8 to offer nine versions for sale

<< < (6/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
The link isn't broken - right click and show it in another window. Must have leech protect or similar applied to it. Perhaps you couple save the file and add it as an attachment!

mahesh2k:
The image is hosted on free image hosting so they are likely to have bandwidth limitation. It doesn't load sometimes. Here is the first blow for windows 8.

The chaps at Phoronix have confirmation from Valve that the developer are working on a Linux version of their platform-bestriding distribution system, and are even hiring new Linux developers. Phoronix have apparently spoken directly to Mr Newell, who was quite keen on the open-source platform. They report: “His level of Linux interest and commitment was incredible while his negativity for Windows 8 and the future of Microsoft was stunning. In fact, as soon as I return to my office this weekend I plan to try out Windows 8 simply to see if it’s as bad as Gabe states…”
--- End quote ---

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/25/pengrin-steam-coming-to-linux-at-last/

Carol Haynes:
LOL !!

Not sure I would take Gabe seriously - they may want to expand into Linux (which would be great) but I can't seem them abandoning Windows any time soon - not matter how much he hates Windows 8.

Don't forget the article is written by people with a vested interest in Linux!

The image is hosted on free image hosting so they are likely to have bandwidth limitation. It doesn't load sometimes.
-mahesh2k (April 27, 2012, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't display in thread for me at all, ever - displays fine if I right click on the placeholder and say show in new tab.

Curt:
-oh, so there really is something?
I thought he first posted and then went back and deleted, leaving an empty post:

Deozaan:
I see a broken image placeholder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version