ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: turn IE proxy server on/off

<< < (7/10) > >>

skwire:
IE Proxy toggle works like a charm on 8.1. love it and its simplicity!-thegeekteacher (May 09, 2015, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the report and welcome to DonationCoder.   :Thmbsup:

Amazing-Xtreme:
Thank you!
Windows 8.1 64bits

Ximinez:
skwire,

Thanks for IEProxyToggle ... I had a need for it today and your app nails it! It runs smoothly on Win10 64-bit, as provided, but because I found the tray icons too subtle, I tried to swap out the 0.ico and 1.ico files as per the changelog.txt file instructions.

I found 2 icon substitutions that I liked (0.ico and 1.ico), but when I replaced the default icons by renaming the PNG files to their proper ones and then resizing them in MS Paint from 48 to 16 pixels to match the size of the defaults, the program would not run correctly.

FYI:

1) I exited the program before replacing the icon files
2) I tried running the program as admin by right-clicking "IEProxyToggle.exe" file and selecting "Run as administrator"
3) I rebooted the computer

In all cases, running the program would return the same error:

--- ------------------------------
IEProxyToggle.exe
---------------------------
Error:  Can't load icon.

Specifically: K:\User\Documents\Apps\IEProxyToggle\res\1.ico

Line#
---> 107: Menu,Tray,Icon,Temp_Dir . "\" . GetProxy() . ".ico"

The current thread will exit.
OK   
The program itself appears to run correctly because toggling the proxy state will enable or disable it, but the error message appears each time with only the "Specifically: K:\User\Documents\Apps\IEProxyToggle\res\1.ico" line changing the name of the icon file at the end of the string, i.e., from "...\res\0.ico" to "...\res\1.ico".

Do you have any idea why this may be happening?

Thanks for such a simple yet effective app!  :Thmbsup:

Ximinez:
... Do you have any idea why this may be happening? ...-Ximinez (February 14, 2016, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

No worries ... I figured it out on my own!! (don't you just love when that happens?!) ;)

I ended up running those new icon files through an online editor (shout out to xiconeditor.com !!), replacing the ones I created there with the ones I originally modified for pixel size and file name, and voilĂ , the program runs correctly with the right icons showing up when toggling. :D

Thanks again, skwire, for a wonderful app. :)

skwire:
Hi, Ximinez, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :Thmbsup:

No worries ... I figured it out on my own!! (don't you just love when that happens?!)-Ximinez (February 14, 2016, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm glad you figured it out as I was going to suggest you convert the PNG files to ICO files.   :)  Good to know it works on Windows 10, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version