ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: turn IE proxy server on/off

<< < (2/10) > >>

skwire:
Give this a try:  IE Proxy Toggle

Green icon means the proxy is enabled; a grey icon means disabled.  Single-click the tray icon to toggle or use the right-click menu.  Tested on XPSP3/32 and W7/64.

williamhdixon:
skwire - PERFECT!!

I can't give it a full test until I go into the office next Tuesday (that's where the proxy server has to be set in order to get past their firewall), but from the testing I can do at home, I don't see any reason why it won't work.  This was exactly what I envisioned.

Thanks a million.

skwire:
You're very welcome.   :)  Glad I could help.

Please let us know how it functions from your workplace.  If it passes muster there, I'll release this application on my website as I feel others could get some use out of it.

williamhdixon:
It works perfectly, both from home and from the office.  Thanks.

BTW - The reason this is such a big deal for me right now is that there's a bug with our VPN software, under Win7, when connected to the client's network.  The proxy server has to be selected for the software to establish connection back to my company's network, but after the VPN makes a connection, it dies in about a half a minute.  Someone here figured out (how, I have no idea) that if the proxy is selected when you launch the VPN software, but then you deselect it after the connection is established but before it is dropped, then re-select it after a minute or so and the VPN tunnel is stable, it works.  Needless to say, being able to click an icon in the system tray is much less of a hassle.)

Again, thanks.  You are going to be several people's hero.

skwire:
Fantastic.  Thanks for reporting back.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version