topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Daemon Tools - Spring Sale  (Read 5548 times)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Daemon Tools - Spring Sale
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Daemon Tools is one of the best virtual disc emulators available today supporting the most disc image formats of any program in its class. It's also one of the few (if not only?) virtual disc emulator that will let you create, edit, and burn any image format it supports. Unfortunately, with great power comes a high price.

This is true no longer...at least temporarily with the Daemon Tools Spring Sale:

Daemon Tools Pro Advanced - was €54.90 - now €24.90

Daemon Tools Pro Standard - was €36.90 - now €16.90

Daemon Tools Lite - was €22.90 - now €10.90
(Note: Daemon Tools Lite is free for personal use. Purchase of a license required only for non-personal use.)

These are lifetime licenses. Prices are for one computer, but you can piggyback more PCs/instances onto your license for €8 each at the time of initial sale or later from your account. Seems reasonable to me.

IMHO, that puts even their flagship product almost square into no-brainer territory (approx US$33-34). For that price you could buy a commercial virtual disc mounting program (Virtual CD US$29.95) *or* a disc image editor/creator (PowerISO US$29.95), but even if you bought both you wouldn't have access to everything Daemon Tools Pro Advanced can do & neither support nearly as many disc image formats, either.

This is another one of those programs I said I'd buy if they ever adopted sane pricing. Given my usage patterns with disc images this was a deal I couldn't refuse.

Hope someone else finds this useful!

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Daemon Tools - Spring Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Thanks!  My original 5 year license, (from donating before it went commercial), runs out this year.

It's even cheaper if you already have a license: €15.00 for Daemon Tools Pro Advanced

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:12 PM »
My original 5 year license, (from donating before it went commercial), runs out this year.

I thought that licenses from pre-commercial donations were supposed to be grandfathered in as lifetime?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:16 PM »
My original 5 year license, (from donating before it went commercial), runs out this year.

I thought that licenses from pre-commercial donations were supposed to be grandfathered in as lifetime?

Not that I know of, maybe I should go check the forum a bit.

Shows you how much I know :)

Dear Community,

customers who got gifted DT Pro and therefore donated for DT, please send a message with the message that you have an old license and an Upgrade to a Lifetime License should be processed.

Regards
DT Team

Note 1: BTW please be patient as Financial department work days are Monday to Friday.

Note 2: This announcement cannot be applied to ALL customers with old licenses! It is about those customers who had purchased DTPro before it was released (pre-DTPro action).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:26 AM by 4wd »

y2kusuma

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 03:49 AM »
Daemon Tools has signed up for BitsduJour, but no promotion yet. http://www.bitsdujou...suggest/suggest=903/

I wonder should I take this Spring Sale, or wait for BitsDuJour deal.

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55 AM »
In 2010 Daemon Tools Pro Advanced - was  €99.90

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Hi,

Daemon Tools has signed up for BitsduJour, but no promotion yet. http://www.bitsdujou...suggest/suggest=903/ I wonder should I take this Spring Sale, or wait for BitsDuJour deal.
Since they price in Euros, you also have to wonder whether the $ or the € will win the race to the bottom by the spring. :)

Steven

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42 AM »
In 2010 Daemon Tools Pro Advanced - was  €99.90

Exactly...and while they had no shortage of people signing up I just couldn't justify the price even though the product itself was excellent. Now that the price is down where us mere mortals can afford it, I quickly jumped before they change their mind. ;)

And if anyone hasn't tried Daemon Tools in a while, the Duplex Secure SPTD driver is no longer required for the program to operate. It's only required if the 'advanced emulation' features are desired.

Oh, and the newest version now supports FLAC and APE disc images. I'm rather excited about that.