ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WHAT Thaah ?

(1/2) > >>

crabby3:
After I run a full anti-virus scan (avast!) my programs seem to take longer to load the next time I turn on my computer.  If I run a boot-scan... they take even longer.   :huh:

Even some of my pre-installed Tray Icons are missing.   :'(

My question is... what happens during a scan to cause this?   :tellme:   Try to keep the answer(s) as simple as possible.   ;D

BTW  This happens even if no viruses or PUP's are found.

Curt:
I have no idea what the explanationto your question might be.
My only advice would be to stop scanning!!!   ;D  :P

Seriously, I NEVER scan my computer. Instead I scan everything coming to my computer.

crabby3:
I have no idea what the explanationto your question might be.
My only advice would be to stop scanning!!!   ;D  :P

Seriously, I NEVER scan my computer. Instead I scan everything coming to my computer.

-Curt (March 02, 2012, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess your right Curt.  With all the Real-time Shields running... I really don't need to scan any more.   :)

I'll try turning them off and see what happens... but if you don't see me around DC for a while... you'll know why.   ;D

Innuendo:
My question is... what happens during a scan to cause this?   :tellme:   Try to keep the answer(s) as simple as possible.   ;D
-crabby3 (March 02, 2012, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Answer that is as simple as possible: bugs in your AV software. I'd file a bug report with Avast! because not all AV programs exhibit this behavior.

crabby3:
-crabby3 (March 02, 2012, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Answer that is as simple as possible: bugs in your AV software. I'd file a bug report with Avast! because not all AV programs exhibit this behavior.
-Innuendo (March 02, 2012, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice Innuendo... I'll see what Avast! has to say.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version