ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: export table with template

(1/3) > >>

DeVamp:
Hi all,

I'm in search of a little program that can maintain a database of labels and errormessages for multi-languages like this:
(possible with more fields)
LABELCODE1ELABELDESCRIPTION1LABELCODE2ELABELDESCRIPTION2LABELCODE1NLABELDESCRIPTION1LABELCODE2NLABELDESCRIPTION2MESSAGE1EMESSAGEDESCRIPTION1MESSAGE2EMESSAGEDESCRIPTION2MESSAGE1NMESSAGEDESCRIPTION1MESSAGE2NMESSAGEDESCRIPTION2
And that can filter (i.e. col2 = 'E') and then export the selection to something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Resource>
  <item name="LABELCODE1">LABELDESCRIPTION1</item>
  <item name="LABELCODE2">LABELDESCRIPTION2</item>
  <item name="MESSAGE1">MESSAGEDESCRIPTION1</item>
  <item name="MESSAGE2">MESSAGEDESCRIPTION2</item>
</Resource>
--- End quote ---

And so you define a start part:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Resource>

--- End quote ---

A detail part:
<item name="{COLUMN1}">{COLUMN3}</item>
--- End quote ---

And an end part:
</Resource>
--- End quote ---

So its something like the merge function in word, but then in a program where you can save records, a start, a detail and an end part.

I was thinking something like the great "SnapDB" to store the records and perhaps a 2nd program or "plugin" to define the export :-)

If I'm unclear, just ask more details.
Thanks in advance.

Ath:
Could this fill in your need?
Free but somewhat laborious tool: http://www.poedit.net/
Non-free (but rather cheap) tool: http://www.funduc.com/rtt.htm

DeVamp:
Not really I think

Those are programs to control a translation database.
I want something to export a list/excel to a xml file.

I've looked at your "Excel2Html", and that comes very close to what I need, with 1 thing:
I want to be able to choose the columns and layout of the rows in single file mode.
I'll post that in your thread. :-)

Ath:
Updated Excel2Html here to include new tags to loop over a part of the template in single-file mode. 8)

skwire:
I was thinking something like the great "SnapDB" to store the records and perhaps a 2nd program or "plugin" to define the export :-)-DeVamp (March 02, 2012, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't want to step on Ath's toes, but I've just implemented a sort of "export to script" functionality in Snap DB that allows you to send the current data view you see in Snap DB to another file (.ahk, .pl, .exe, etc.).  This will allow you to process and format that data however you see fit.  I've made a sample AHK export script that spits out an XML file in the format you specified above.  Would you still be interested?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version