ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you use RSS feeds?

(1/14) > >>

jgpaiva:
In the line with the recent AlertBear Mini-Review by moerl, and the whole Discussion About AlertBear, and also on GreatNews RSS Reader, i decided to open this poll, to assess how much people really do use RSS feeds.

So... Please enlighten us with your opinion! :)

mouser:
this might be of interest:

zaine restarted blogging recently and his latest post is:
http://www.thegsblog.com/?p=75
Well, I’m here to eat a big plate of crow. I’ve been highly critical of subscription-based software for over a year now, but FeedDemon 2.0 has surprised me..
--- End quote ---

allen:
I love and hate RSS.  I love that I can keep up with all my favorite sites within a single application, but hate it when I get too many I'm interested in and watch hours disappear reading.  I'm more disciplined, now, maintaining a relatively small opml.

taichimaster:
I love and hate RSS.  I love that I can keep up with all my favorite sites within a single application, but hate it when I get too many I'm interested in and watch hours disappear reading.  I'm more disciplined, now, maintaining a relatively small opml.
-allen (March 30, 2006, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I also have the information overload syndrome.  I subscribed to a ton of feeds but never find time to read them all.  I used to feel compelled to read all of them just like my emails, but I don't do that anymore.  Also, FeedDemon allows you to 'watch' certain keywords on your subscribed feeds and filter them into a different folder, and that helps a little.

zridling:
allen hits on a serious problem — I'm addicted to information — it's my soap opera every day — and my OPML file is so large that I avoid it. I answer email once a week or less most of the time for the same reason: so much to plow through, and when I'm done, I'm exhausted. Thanks to Newsgator's about face on subscriptions, I recently recanted my rants against FeedDemon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version