ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Stiff sentence for sending child to wrong school district

<< < (2/4) > >>

zridling:

40hz:
@zridling - +1! I'm starting to feel that way more and more lately.  :(

superboyac:
@zridling - +1! I'm starting to feel that way more and more lately.  :(
-40hz (March 01, 2012, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Only 294 more days, guys!  Just hang on!

wraith808:
One thing I don't see is why the system doesn't use these potential crimes as opportunities for creative sentencing- especially when there is a child involved.  Apparently there is low income housing in the district- the child can stay in school if the mother 1) gets gainful employment and 2) lives in a residence in the district, and 3) stays out of trouble.  Get her help in doing so- then if she doesn't, she doesn't put her child above her other activities and this should be addressed.

That would seem to be a sentencing that could bring her out of trouble, and reduce the upheavals in the child's life.

40hz:
^There is low-income housing in the area. Unfortunately it's administrated by each town individually. (This is New England after all!) You have to first get your name on a public housing list. Many towns only open their list for registrations once a year. Once on the list, you wait for a unit to become available. Sometimes you'll wait for years depending upon which municipality you want to live in. Towns with low crime rates, public beaches, and good school systems have very very very long waiting lists.

Considering the mayor of Norwalk started this whole mess for her, and has been pretty vocal about his justification for doing so, she won't be seeing any favors from the city. If she were to apply you can be 100% sure it will be handled by the book. Which, in this case, means a multi-year wait.

Also can't speak for the rest of the nation, but CT isn't CA. Judges and legislators don't get very creative here. Such behavior would be frowned on and considered 'inappropriate' by most of the general public. What can I say? It's New England.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version