ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... opinions on synchronization software

<< < (2/2)

kalos:
http://www.bvckup.com/

barney:
@kalos

That's one (1) that I've overlooked, methinks.  I thought it was a backup software, and my sailing buddy doesn't want to change his backup system.  However, when I followed your link, I saw that it does seem to have replication capabilities as well.  The important thing there will be whether we can pick the files to be replicated, not just the directories.  I'll give it a try in the next day or two (2).

4wd:
Since you're talking about sneaker net you might need to run USBDLM, (free for private use), to make sure Windows assigns the same drive letter to the flash drive each time it's inserted.

I don't think Bvckup works on anything other than the drive letter, (or UNC), so if it changes the backup/sync won't happen.

SyncBack SE/Pro, (which I use but aren't free), will also trigger from the drive serial number which only changes when you format the device.

barney:
I thimk we've run USBDLM on his system.  That or something pretty close to it.

Yeah, SyncBackSE has been a mainstay (for me) for years, but it's a bit of a pain to set up in sync mode, at least for what we want to accomplish.

As mentioned, I'm partial to Syncless, but it's all directory level.  We're only looking at a few files, although that could grow a bit.  Part of the problem here is reactionary - meaning him  :D.  He insists upon a duplicate menu system for his site, one (1) hardcoded into index.php, the other as an include for other pages, because he's heard somewhere that Google doesn't always read includes.  So I have to cater, in part, to his attitudes - hey, sync a whole directory when only two (2) files have changed? - regardless my opinion  :(.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version