ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Quick Review: Collusion - Firefox "tracking" add-on

<< < (3/6) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
What happens if I set my browser to disallow all cookies period? I know I'll lose "a little functionality" but do y'all expect entire sites to break if they can't set cookies?

IainB:
What happens if I set my browser to disallow all cookies period? I know I'll lose "a little functionality" but do y'all expect entire sites to break if they can't set cookies?
-TaoPhoenix (May 02, 2012, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why not try it and see? You will at any rate discover which sites are designed not to work for you unless you let them set/read cookies.

TaoPhoenix:
I'll have to check the settings - the latest evil fad is Flash Objects etc, which, not being cookies, don't always get wiped when you "clear cookies". I'll try to report later which sites need/don't need cookies etc.

TaoPhoenix:
-TaoPhoenix (May 02, 2012, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why not try it and see? You will at any rate discover which sites are designed not to work for you unless you let them set/read cookies.
-IainB (May 02, 2012, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had a minute to look at cookie settings today. There's two big categories: "Sites" and "Third-Parties". Turning the Site Cookies off seems to be pretty bad - Gmail yelled at me "You don't have cookies enabled. Sudo turn them back on now." (Paraphrased).

So now I'll see how far I get with the Third Party ones off.

IainB:
Good luck in the cookie labyrinth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version