ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Superboyac is throwing in the towel: I'm going to transition to Linux

<< < (29/36) > >>

Tinman57:
  And as soon as Microsux stops supporting XP, I'll be right behind you..... Win 8 is a big joke, just like Vista was.  I want a PC to work with, not a metro device.....

Tuxman:
Why don't you wait for the release version before you make your final opinion?

TaoPhoenix:
  And as soon as Microsux stops supporting XP, I'll be right behind you..... Win 8 is a big joke, just like Vista was.  I want a PC to work with, not a metro device.....
-Tinman57 (April 30, 2012, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right behind me, looking for alternatives to Microsoft you mean? Hmm.

Meanwhile on the whole touch fad, I'm toying with the idea of laying my touch computer down flat on its back on my desk (if that doesn't have any evil side effects! I dunno!) Because then maybe I wouldn't need a mouse - just "tap with fingers" to open folders, etc. Only problem is it would fight the keyboard for primacy horozontal space, but it is an interesting idea.

Stoic Joker:
Only problem is it would fight the keyboard for primacy horozontal space, but it is an interesting idea.
-TaoPhoenix (April 30, 2012, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
HP has an option in that department. Some of their AIOs that normally sit up like a typical monitor, can also slide down to a tablet friendly input access angle.

Tinman57:
Why don't you wait for the release version before you make your final opinion?
-Tuxman (April 30, 2012, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
 I'm just getting fed up with MS BS, especially their DRM.  And when they have problems with their DRM (so far with every version), your stuck like Chuck.  I've had Winblows DRM kick in for no reason at all and had to get permission from MS for my computer to work again.  With Winblows, if you change out your hard drive, or more than 4 components (I think), you have to get permission from MS (re-registration).  And don't even think about replacing your motherboard with a different MB, because you'll completely lose your license and have to re-buy it.
  Sorry, but that's pretty sorry.  I'm also fed up with MS looking at my system every time I boot up to make sure that I'm legal.  No telling how much information is being sent back to MS.
  And then there's the problem of having to buy yet another computer that will support Win 8.  This computer cost around $4000 when it was bought new, not to mention all of the upgrades I've done since then.  It's still faster than a greased turd on a slippy slide, why have to buy another computer?
  I may keep XP on my system with a dual boot, of course I'd have to disable the network side of it.  With all the software I own I would hate to have to just give it all up.  Plus I'd miss DonationCoder....   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version