topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Premium Number To Local Rate Number! *(UK)*  (Read 3567 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Premium Number To Local Rate Number! *(UK)*
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:04 AM »
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Welcome to the SAYNOTO0870.COM website

The site lists many well known companies, and their equivalent geographical numbers.

Alternatives listed for 0500, 0800, 0808, 0842, 0843, 0844, 0845, 0870, 0871, 0872 and 0873 numbers.
The SAYNOTO0870.COM web site has been featured on BBC's Working Lunch TV programme, Five's The Gadget Show, BBC Radio 2 (Jeremy Vine Show), BBC Radio Norfolk, and also appeared in many newspapers & publications, including The Guardian, Which Magazine, Readers Digest, and many more.

Many people don't realise that there are many phone providers offering cheaper calls to standard telephone numbers (those beginning with 01, 02 or 03), which don't apply to 0842, 0843, 0844, 0845, 0870, 0871, 0872 or 0873 telephone numbers. - Please see the links page and click on Cheapest Call Provider for price details. This shows that by using multiple providers, you can reduce your call cost on standard telephone numbers to as little as 5p fixed cost (regardless of duration), whereas the cheapest provider to 0871 numbers during the day that I am aware of charges 10p/min (+ 12.5p connection fee [with BT]) to call.

Worst still some companies that use these numbers are actually receiving a cut of the phone call costs.

If you have an 'inclusive landline calls' phone package, then it is very rare that 0844, 0845, 0870, and 0871 numbers are all included in your 'free minutes' allocation, unlike normal numbers. Many mobile phone packages also exclude freephone 0500, 0800 and 0808 numbers for your bundled minutes. BT and some other companies are starting to include 0845 and 0870, but this only applies to certain packages, and does not apply to 0844 and 0871 numbers.

Many companies advertise a separate number that can be used when calling from abroad - This usually begins in the format +44 - There is nothing to stop you using this number from the UK (as it is a normal rate telephone call), and will be included in any inclusive minutes provided by your landline or mobile phone provider. Many others will give you a standard number if you ask.

This site is all about listing these numbers, saving you money, without having to pay additional charges. To get started and find a particular number, please click on the 'Search to find an alternative number' link at the top of the page.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the site.  Please continue to add any new numbers as and when you find them.

Very handy website indeed! - I use Skype for my outbound calls and I ONLY purchase a local rate (UK Numbers) subscription for it...mainly because having a landline phone actually plugged in, tempts me to call mobiles and such, and end up running up huge phone bills...

This website is VERY handy for those of you who have phone contracts, or use Skype + Local Rate Subscription and cannot call anything other than a local rate number (01, 02 or 03)

All phone numbers seem to be added by users, and maintained by everyone else, so when a number is dead, it will be reported and updated by other users...very handy indeed.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Premium Number To Local Rate Number! *(UK)*
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:14 AM »
How do you find out when calling an 0870 number what the equivalent local one is? AFAIK it doesn't show up on your phone. So if it is not possible how are these phone numbers added / verified?

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:23 AM »
How do you find out when calling an 0870 number what the equivalent local one is? AFAIK it doesn't show up on your phone. So if it is not possible how are these phone numbers added / verified?

No idea to be honest, but I managed to get a LOAD of local rate numbers for the Post Office Customer Service Dept. using that site...Perhaps people find out who owns the 0845, then searches the Phonebook or something for it?...Pure guessing lol

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43 AM »
I'm sure it's fine but you don't want to think you are calling your bank and instead call a fraudster and give out personal information. That's why I was asking. :) Just research the phone number before you call it.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:44 AM »
I'm sure it's fine but you don't want to think you are calling your bank and instead call a fraudster and give out personal information. That's why I was asking. :) Just research the phone number before you call it.

Great point from Justice there...If you are calling somebody who will require personal info, perhaps Google the local rate number that you have found and see if it brings anything up :)